Join us to learn about:
- the high rate of minority business start up and growth,
- the need for more local data (because no one is counting or reporting this currently),
- the need for culturally appropriate economic development services
- steps that business development professionals can take to become better allies to aspiring and current minority owners.
Hosting Organization: Fox Valley Tech Venture Center
* Tracey Robertson, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Fit Oshkosh
* Diana Hammer, Community Development Educator, UW-Extension
This event is part of Startup Appleton Week.
Startup Appleton Week takes place on November 5 - 11, 2018, and is designed to connect, educate, and celebrate entrepreneurship in the Fox Cities Region. The week's programming showcases the community's emerging companies while highlighting the resources and organizations available to foster support for entrepreneurs and small business owners on their journey. Startup Appleton Week is supported by Fox Valley Technical College Venture Center, Change Management Communications Center LLC, and Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation – Northeast WI, and is a part of the Startup Wisconsin initiative. To browse all the events and programming occurring during Startup Appleton Week visit: http://startupwi.org/appleton.Startup Wisconsin
is committed to advancing and developing Wisconsin's tech and startup ecosystems through unique programming, collaborative partnerships, and networking. Driven by entrepreneurs and leaders throughout Wisconsin who are passionate about making a difference, and creating a positive and lasting impact that will advance the state's economy forward. Startup Wisconsin Week is supported by Advocate Aurora Health, Concordia University Wisconsin, Husch Blackwell, Northwestern Mutual, Accelity Marketing, Headway, Wisconsin Inno and Newsradio 620 WTMJ.