Who Should Attend
Decision-makers from technology, marketing, business development, innovation strategy, and corporate ventures from mid-to large-sized corporations.
A Unique Experience
Come to this event to learn about applications for emerging tech including AI, IoT, Blockchain and VR and gain insights into effective ways for accelerating innovation strategically.
You will take part in rapid presentations, a Mini-Expo in the Emerging Tech Hub with hands-on demos, and tailored breakout discussions focused on problems you bring to solve.
You will steep in concrete ideas, not theory, and will benefit from deep interaction and learning about real-world applications for emerging tech.
Come prepared to learn how to harness disruptive strategies to grow your business and learn from cases and actionable ideas you can use immediately.
“The connections have been tremendous in collaborating with other companies from very different industries. There are unique opportunities for learning that I can’t get elsewhere.”
Dan Kaiser, SVP, Innovation and Development
CUNA Mutual Group
“I appreciate the openness and opportunities for cross-industry learning,
it’s a design thinking network."
Mike Zhang, VP Global Innovation
Continental Breakfast, Networking and Registration
Emerging Technology Trends and Introductory Remarks
- Sandra Bradley, CEO, Hyper Innovation
Tales from the Field - Real-world Applications for Emerging Technologies
Strategic Briefing - The Importance of Considering Privacy at Every Stage of Development
- Mindi Giftos, Managing Partner, Husch Blackwell
Strategic Briefing - Building a Culture of Innovation: Technology Alone is Not Enough
- Brent Leland, Advisory Board Chair, Advancing AI Wisconsin and President of High G Consulting
Introduction to the Emerging Tech Hub at the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery
- Kevin Ponto, Director of the Emerging Tech Hub at the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery and faculty at UW-Madison.
Lunch, Networking, and Emerging Tech Hands-on Demos (Mesozoic Garden East & Emerging Tech Hub)
Demos currently scheduled with more to be added:
University of Wisconsin:
- AR-based map navigation and information sharing platform
- VR-based panoramas tours of 3D buildings
- Virtual brain experience
- Smart Home IoT and Alexa Skills
- Healthcare and robotics
- Vertical gardening and innovations in ag tech
Tee up Breakout Discussions
You will have input on which table topics you can take part in and then will participate in one small group discussion. We welcome you to bring your questions, insights, and problems to solve for a deep dive, small group conversation to generate new insights. Example topics from past events have included:
- Digital Health Innovation
- Corporate Innovation Best Practices
- Innovation in Transportation and Mobility
- Data and Privacy Issues
- Creating Tailored Accelerator Programs
- Giving Input on the Emerging Tech Hub at the WID
Breakout Group Discussions
Your discussion will be facilitated with the goal that each person leaves with tangible, actionable insights.
Q&A, Recap and Insights
Reconvene to share back small group breakout insights
Call to Action and Next Steps
Networking Reception and Refreshments
Steenbock's on Orchard
5:00 PM Event Concludes